Phone service – Depending on your cell service provider, you may get text and cell service. Most likely, you will not have coverage. A land line is provided for you to make and receive calls. There is one phone by the living room T.V. and another in the work space. Please return the phones to the cradles at the end of your stay. Please do not make any international calls. The phone number is located in the welcome binder.
WiFi – WiFi is provided. Please check the welcome binder for log in information.
Parking – Please follow the parking map in your welcome packet. At no time can the easement be blocked. Additional parking is available on the parking pad. See parking map for details. You are welcome to park one car in the garage. Large SUVs and trucks will not fit. Garage door openers are not provided, you will need to use the opener on the wall inside the garage.
Septic Tank – The septic tank is very sensitive. You may not flush anything but toilet paper. All feminine hygiene products and other papers and wipes will need to be thrown away in the provided trash cans.
Fire Danger- Due to the extremely high fire danger, you may not have any outside flame or fire. Fireworks, smoking, BBQ and fire pits are prohibited. If you smell smoke, turn on the T.V. to a local channel to see if there is an immediate fire danger and for evacuation information.
Flash Lights and Fire Extinguisher – There is a fire extinguisher under the kitchen sink and another in the garage. Flashlights are in the drawers by the dishwasher.
Generator – The house is equipped with a whole house generator so you should never experience an interruption in power.
Circuit Box – The circuit box is located in the garage on the wall by the refrigerator.
Ice Maker – The refrigerator has an ice maker but you may want to bring extra ice if you are planning to use a cooler or have extra for happy hour drinks.
Garage / Extra Refrigerator – Located in the garage.
Linens – Pillows, towels, wash cloth, sheets and a duvet are all provided for your personal use during your stay. If your stay exceeds a week, house keeping will come to clean the house once a week.
Trash – Trash is located in the garage. There is a 96-gallon bin with animal proof closures. During your stay, leave the bin in the garage. At the end of your stay you will need to pull the bin up to the road and leave it at the end of the driveway off to the left-hand side. Please make sure the bins are securely closed and clipped. Bears will get into the trash if the bin is not closed and clipped properly!
*Please keep the garage door closed when not in use. An open garage door is an invite to wild animals.
* Trash day is Wednesday. If the bin is not in the garage, you may need to walk up and retrieve it from the road.
* We ask that during the month’s bears are active (April – October), that you sort your trash. We have two trash cans, one for regular trash and one for food trash. The regular trash can be put in the garbage bin located on the trash pad at the top of the driveway. We kindly ask that you take your food trash with you, if possible. If you can’t take it with you, please contact us to make other arrangements. We apologize for this inconvenience but have found it is easier to ask you to take your food trash with you, than ask the bears to stop throwing it around.
* We do not have recycling service but strongly encourage you to collect your recycling and take it home with you to recycle at home.
Bears and Wild Life – We have many amazing wild animals that cross the property including; bears, moose, mountain lions, deer, etc…. Please enjoy them from afar, take pictures but never approach them. Do not leave any food or trash outside (such as coolers) these will attract bears. Close the windows and lock the doors of your car and do not leave food in your car. The Wild Daisy is not responsible for any wild life damage to vehicles. Please note that although moose are majestic animals they are not nice and will attack. Do not approach them.
Gas Fireplace – To use the fireplace see the directions in welcome binder. The remote must be kept in the remote holder on the side of the fireplace. Lost remotes will result in a $300 charge.
Quite Hours /Noise Level – You are responsible for your guests and their behavior. Mountain community residents have chosen to live here because of the serene and peaceful life style. Please help maintain an amicable relationship with our neighbors by keeping the noise and activity at an acceptable level. All guests should be indoors and quiet by 10 p.m.
Snow Removal – There are two snow shovels in the garage. If needed, please shovel the walk way and deck if desired. If there is over six inches of snow, a snow removal company will come to plow the driveway. While plowing is happening, all cars will need to be moved to the road.
Lost and Found – Items left behind will be kept for 60 days. After the 60 day period items not claimed will be donated. It is the owner of the lost item’s responsibility to either pick up the items or pay for shipping.
Hair Dryers / Ironing Board – All bathrooms have hair dyers available for your use. There is an iron and ironing board in the closet of the master bedroom.
Items Provided –
Coffee and Tea – Coffee and sugar are located in the lazy susan under the coffee makers. We provide both regular and decaf ground coffee. If you prefer whole bean coffee, we do provider a grinder. A variety of teas are in the drawer by the kettle. We have two large coffee pots so you will be able to make enough to keep everyone going.
Candy Bar – To satisfy your sweet tooth, a variety of candies are provided.
Provided for Kitchen Use:
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour, Sugar
- Cooking oil, Pam
- Full Equiped Kitchen:
All dishes, serving dishes, plastic dishes for outdoor dining, pots, pans, plates, hand mixer, slow cooker, four slice toaster, electric skillet, stock pot, dish towels and rags, etc…
*There is an extra full size refrigerator in the garage.
Additional Items Provided:
- Toilet paper
- Facial Tissue
- Paper Towels- Two rolls per visit – You may want to bring extra if you use a lot.
- Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Hand Soap
- Trash Bags
- Paper Napkins
- Three T.V.s with basic cable channels
- BluRay/DVD players on the T.V.s in living room and craft room
- Sound bar with bluetooth on the living room t.v.
- Small movie library
- Board and other games
- 12 five-foot work tables
- Comfortable office chairs at each station
- Adjustable lights at each work station with a USB port and three light settings
- T.V. with cables for Windows presentations
Items NOT Provided:
- Coffee creamers & artificial sweeteners
- Storage containers and Ziploc bags for leftovers
- Feminine hygiene products
- If ladies are particular, they may want to bring their favorite pillow from home
- Slippers – We highly recommend you bring indoor foot wear. We encourage you to not wear street shoes outside of the entry way.
- Dress in layers. Everyone likes the house at different temps so plan for your personal needs